Great Pizza Box Fold-Off West
Fast folders will compete by folding 10 large boxes (competitors must bring their own boxes). The folder with the best time for will be deemed the winner and featured in Canadian Pizza magazine!
SHOULD I ENTER?
- Want to show off your box-folding skills? Enter!
- Owners: Looking for a way to set your pizzeria apart from the rest? Enter!
- Managers: Want to motivate your employees? Encourage them to enter!
- Want to be featured in Canadian Pizza magazine? Enter!
- Want to have fun in a pizza-loving setting? Enter!
WHO CAN COMPETE? Open to owners and employees of Canadian foodservice operations aged 14 years and older.
WHAT’S AT STAKE? (IN ADDITION TO MAJOR BRAGGING RIGHTS)
As the winner will receive coverage in Canadian Pizza magazine and an award to display in your pizzeria.
WHAT DETAILS DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Fast folders will compete by folding 10 large boxes. The folder with the best time for 10 boxes will be deemed the winner. All competitors should be ready 10 minutes prior to the competition start time.
TIME: The Great Pizza Box Fold-Off will be held immediately following the Chef of the Year competition. Award will be given out with other awards at end of day. See the Pizza Summit West schedule.
I REGISTERED…NOW WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
CANADIAN PIZZA SHOW WILL SUPPLY…
The person with the stopwatch
COMPETITORS NEED TO BRING…
10 large (10-inch or bigger) pizza boxes
Extra boxes for practice (optional)
WHAT RULES DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- The Great Pizza Box Fold-Off is open to Canadian owners and employees of foodservice establishments 14 years and older. The competition is open only to owners, managers, chefs or employees from the restaurant and pizzeria industries. Canadian Pizza employees and their family members are not eligible, nor are employees or representatives of advertisers, exhibitors, other suppliers to the industry or their affiliates.
- Competitors will compete one at a time using a draw system. Person whose name is drawn will start and the rest will follow alphabetically.
- Timed decisions are final.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER?
The Great Pizza Box Fold-Off takes place at the Canadian Pizza Summit West on Monday, Sept. 14, 2020, at FEM Bakery Equipment in Burnaby, B.C. Competition registration is on a first come, first served basis. The deadline for entries is Sept. 12. Entries close once the maximum number of participants is reached. After that, box folders may register for the Fold-Off onsite the day of the Summit at the registration desk and be on standby to enter if spots are available.
To sign up for the Great Pizza Box West (Burnaby) Fold-Off, CLICK HERE